This beautiful single boxed hand-painted pillar candle comes in a prominent gift box.
The design is called Bongazi Design and is hand made by Nobunto, a hand crafted Fair Trade company in South Africa.
- Design Meaning: "Bongazi" is an African word that encapsulates the noble and luxurious powerful, earthy tones and traditional patterns of Africa.
- 1 Gift Boxed Pillar.
- Candles measure approximately 4 inches tall by 2 inches in diameter.
- Unscented, high-quality, fully-refined paraffin wax from Germany.
- Non-toxic color pigments and natural wicks.
- Individually hand-painted. Designs will have differences, but will be consistent in colors and icons that reflect the style.
- Creates a calm ambiance that transforms any space into a personal sanctuary.
- Burn time averages a wide range between 11-25 hours.
- High melting point of 58°- 60°.
- Box made from recycled materials.
- Use care when burning candles. Do not leave a burning candle unattended; snuff out flame when done burning; do not move burning candle; always use a candle holder when burning.
About the Artisans:
NOBUNTO is a South African Fair Trade company that creates high quality hand-painted candles, ceramics and handcrafted greeting cards with the utmost attention to detail using mainly African inspired designs.
Their mission is, in a region with high unemployment, to alleviate poverty, not only through development of industry but to be socially, ethically, and sustainably responsible.
Based in the small village Napier, about 180 km east of Cape Town, NOBUNTO has provided employment to mostly woman of the disadvantaged community and guarantees an income for over 18 families.
The unemployment rate in the area is in the region of 50%. The word NOBUNTO comes from the Sotho language, meaning "For the people".