These globally-inspired hand-painted Holiday taper candles are small works of art. Crafted by artisans in South Africa, each candle is hand-poured and then individually hand-painted.
Each design name is derived from a special African word that is brought to life through the color and patterns which reflect the culture and influences of South Africa.
The style images pictured illustrate the general design, but note that each candle is one of a kind.
A truly unique and beautiful gift for hostesses, housewarming, wedding, anniversary, and more that make a striking addition to every home and a beautiful conversation piece!
- Design Meaning: In the Zulu language, Sinifisela "Ukhisimusi" Omuhle - "Merry Christmas" is what the Zulu want. Christmas in southern Africa is often spent cheerfully and happily in summer weather on the beach.
- Set of 3 Boxed Dinner Tapers.
- Candles measure approximately 9-inches tall.
- Unscented, high-quality, fully-refined paraffin wax from Germany.
- Non-toxic color pigments and natural wicks.
- Individually hand-painted. Designs will have differences, but will be consistent in colors and icons that reflect the style.
- Creates a calm ambiance that transforms any space into a personal sanctuary.
- Burn time averages 10 hours.
- High melting point of 58°- 60°.
- Box made from recycled materials.
- Use care when burning candles. Do not leave a burning candle unattended; snuff out flame when done burning; do not move burning candle; always use a candle holder when burning.
About The Artisan:
NOBUNTO is a South African Fair Trade company that creates high quality hand-painted candles, ceramics and handcrafted greeting cards with the utmost attention to detail using mainly African inspired designs.
Their mission is, in a region with high unemployment, to alleviate poverty, not only through development of industry but to be socially, ethically, and sustainably responsible.
Based in the small village Napier, about 180 km east of Cape Town, NOBUNTO has provided employment to mostly woman of the disadvantaged community and guarantees an income for over 18 families. The unemployment rate in the area is in the region of 50%.
The word NOBUNTO comes from the Sotho language, meaning "For the people".