Crafted from recycled 55-gallon steel drums by village artisans in Haiti, these stunning, brightly painted elephants are truly one-of-a-kind!
The elephant trunk pointed upward signifies luck, prosperity and kindness. This piece intertwines the Haitian tropics with the hibiscus beautifully woven into the majestic elephant.
- Type: Metal Wall
- Art Colors: Bright
- Tropcial Materials: Upcycled Steel Metal
- Finish: clear coat and Paint
- Dimensions: Approx. 14 Diameter
- Care: If displaying outdoors it is recommended to spray with a clear coat once or twice a year, as prolonged exposure to the elements will cause rust.
- Hanging Instructions: To hang metal art simply use pin head nails in the many nooks and spaces available in the design. If nails are shiny, you may want to darken heads with a black marker to help nails visually disappear.
- Fair Trade
The Story Behind the Art:
The process of turning sheets of metal into beautiful art is all done by hand. Steel drums used to transport oil into the capital of Haiti are cut, the oil is burned off to clean the metal, and then flattened in order to create stunning, upcycled art.
Suitable for Indoor or Outdoor Use.
Given the handmade nature of this product please allow for minor variations. As the metal is recovered from recycled oil drums and colored through a burning process it will vary slightly in coloration.
Typically the piece has a darkened steel patina. If hand painted, exact colors may vary, which speaks to the one-of-a-kind nature of each piece.
Each piece of metal art whether painted or natural is coated with a layer of clear coat to help protect the metal.