Your Cart is Currently Empty
These globally-inspired hand-painted taper candles are small works of art. Crafted by artisans in South Africa, each candle is hand-poured and then individually hand-painted.
Each design name is derived from a special African word that is brought to life through the color and patterns which reflect the culture and influences of South Africa.
The style images pictured illustrate the general design, but note that each candle is one of a kind. A truly unique and beautiful gift for hostesses, housewarming, wedding, anniversary, and more that makes a striking addition to every home and a beautiful conversation piece!
- Design Meaning: In Swahili, "Shahida" reflects the exciting atmosphere in the lively market: colorful fabrics, colorful masks, drum music and dancing people testify to African joie de vivre.
- Set of 3 Gift-packaged Dinner Tapers.
- Candles measure approximately 9-inches tall.
- Unscented, high-quality, fully-refined paraffin wax from Germany.
- Non-toxic color pigments and natural wicks.
- Individually hand-painted. Designs will have differences, but will be consistent in colors and icons that reflect the style.
- Creates a calm ambiance that transforms any space into a personal sanctuary.
- Burn time averages 10 hours.
- High melting point of 58 - 60 .
- Use care when burning candles. Do not leave a burning candle unattended; snuff out flame when done burning; do not move burning candle; always use a candle holder when burning.
- Holders not included.
The Story Behind the Art:
Each candle is hand poured and hand painted by South African artisans with years of experience.
After the candles are poured, they are handed off to the special background painters, who paint the entire wax candle with a base color that sets the tone for the design work that comes next. Masterful artists then paint the designs on each piece.
It is truly exciting to watch the lightening-fast strokes of the paintbrushes transform what was molten wax into gorgeously colorful, individualized works of art!
How long will it take to get my order?
All of our products listed in our store are in stock. We ship them out within 2 business days from our location in Florida, US. Please allow 3 to 7 business days for your delivery.
How do you ship?
We ship by UPS Ground on larger items and USPS on smaller items. Shipping is free on orders of $75 or more to US addresses. Once shipped we will forward your tracking number.
Can I return the product?
Yes, you can return your product(s) within 30 days of your delivery date, but we hope you won't:) Our return location is Bonsai & Bear, 6450 Aragon Way, Unit 108, Fort Myers, FL 33966. Please forward your return tracking number so that we can verify receipt of your return. You can send it to email@example.com.
We will issue your refund to the method of payment on your order within 5 business days. Please note that all items must be returned without damage and in "like new" condition to be eligible for a refund.